The win against St. Johns was nice, but this one matters more. Duke welcomes the Yellow Jackets into Cameron, looking to end a two-game losing streak in ACC play.
For Duke the win should come easily, so let’s focus on what we’re hoping to see in the game.
– Henderson’s had a solid game coming off the bench. More importantly, he seemed to have confidence again in his jumper, wearing a brace around his injured wrist. Is this answer? Time will tell. Let’s see if he can make it two good games in a row.
– Can Lance continue to develop an offensive game. He has to ability, you can see it at times. Let’s go for ten points tonight, hoping that 2-3 baskets are legit offensive moves, not just putting back a offensive rebound or two. In the tournament, teams will take Duke down if they know the Devils are not willing to throw a ball or two down inside.
– I would love to see Paulus shoot 50% from the floor. He hasn’t broken the 50% mark since the Carolina game (five straight).
– Taylor King needs to find his shot. He’s gotten his minutes back the last two games (10, 14), but those both came in blowouts. He’s supposed to be a 3-point specialist who can hit a shot from anywhere, as long as he can see the basket. That’s great in practice, but he needs to do it in games again. In Duke’s last nine games, he’s made a total of four 3’s, 4-20 from behind the strip; a less than impressive 20%. Obviously teams have adjusted to him, but he needs to find a way to nail some of these shots down. If not, he’ll be reduced to being a filler in the post for 2-3 minutes per game down the stretch.
– I would love to see Nolan Smith get 20 minutes on the floor tonight. He just produces better when he gets more minutes.
– Free throw percentage; no more excuses…75% tonight.
BALLSY PREDICTION: Duke 82 Georgia Tech 67