Florida State Seminoles vs. Duke Blue Devils (4): Today at 4:00 PM EST on ESPN.
Duke looks to get their fifth win of the season against ACC opponents. Today’s matchup will be a very tough one, though. Florida State comes to Cameron Indoor Stadium to play the Blue Devils.
Jump for the preview because you want to, not because you have to.
- FSU is going to be a rough opponent. As you all know, the Seminoles beat the UNC Tar Holes at home by 33 points a week ago. Since then, Florida State has also beat fellow ACC foe Maryland by a score of 84-70.
- The Seminoles have only played four road games this year. They lost their first three road games to Michigan State, Florida, and Clemson (FSU got walloped 65-49, 82-64, and 79-59, respectively). Their lone road win comes against Virginia Tech, whom they beat 63-59.
But, the Seminoles have seemed to start steering the ship in the right direction now as they continue to surge.
- I know I keep revisiting this statistic, but it helps Duke’s case in winning… the game is at Cameron Indoor Stadium, and with the Blue Devils’ ridiculous home winning streak against conference and non-conference opponents, I once again believe this helps the Dukies win today. It also helps that FSU hasn’t be good on the road this year.
- But you can’t forget that Florida State did beat Duke last year when the Blue Devils were the #1 team in the country… so I guess that statistic helps out FSU’s case of winning on the road in Durham today.
- Will Andre Dawkins replace Austin Rivers in the starting lineup again? I’m not sure, in my opinion. Guess we’ll just have to wait until the game starts.
- The Seminoles are fourthin the nation in field goal percentage defense and are nationally in the top 25 in both steals and blocks per game. FSU also has a very strong defense and is a foul-prone basketball team. Their defense kind of reminds me of the Virginia Cavaliers, who visited Cameron not too long ago. Virginia kept the game close, but Duke ended up getting by with a victory.
- OddsShark.com currently has the betting lines for Duke at -10.5 and Florida State at +10.5.