Update can be found here.
Today, Coach K decided to go into douche bag mode and comment on President Obama’s Final Four Prediction.
“Somebody said that we’re not in President Obama’s Final Four, and as much as I respect what he’s doing, really, the economy is something that he should focus on, probably more than the brackets,” Krzyzewski told a reporter from the Associated Press on Wednesday.
Listen up, Coach. I have some advice for you…as much as I respect what you’re doing, really, the game against Binghamton is something that YOU should focus on, probably more than who the hell the President Obama has in his Final Four.
Everyone knows that Coach K is a conservative (hey, no one is perfect), but seriously, is he really that hurt by Obama’s predictions? I don’t know about you, but I like having a President who seems to like the sport of college basketball as much as I do. If Coach K is really this hurt about Obama’s picks, let’s hope he hasn’t had a chance to read CNNSI, CBS Sports and USA TODAY. Hell, Obama put Duke in the Elite Eight; pretty kind compared to what the experts (see below) are saying. Next time, instead of pulling your best Jim Calhoun impersonation, just say, “Well, hopefully we can prove him (Obama) wrong.”
At least he didn’t curse when he said it.
FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE, EXPERT’S PREDICTING DUKE’S DEMISE:
- Luke Winn (CNNSI) – Sweet Sixteen, losing to Villanova
- Seth Davis (CNNSI) – Sweet Sixteen, losing to Villanova
- Tim Layden (CNNSI) – Elite Eight, losing to Pittsburgh
- Andy Glocker (CNNSI) – Sweet Sixteen, losing to Villanova
- Andy Staples (CNNSI) – Sweet Sixteen, losing to Villanona
- Gary Parrish (CBS SPORTS) – Final Four, losing to North Carolina
- Greg Doyel (CBS SPORTS) – Sweet Sixteen, losing to Villanova
- Brian De Los Santos (CBS SPORTS) – Elite Eight, losing to Pittsburgh
- Michael Freeman (CBS SPORTS) – Sweet Sixteen, losing to Villanova
- Tim Gardner (USA TODAY) – Second Round, losing to Texas
- Jeff Zillgitt (USA TODAY) – Sweet Sixteen, losing to Villanova